Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sending Californians (and a Texan) to Guatemala!

Dearest loved ones and family,
Within the past year of my life, God has truly blessed me in my journey with Him as I walked on water to the county of Marin in California. It has been one of the first times in my life where I truly understand that being a missionary does not mean going to a third world country and ministering to unreached people- when I am living in the top 5% of unreached counties in the United States.

Within this journey to the West Coast, I have had the opportunity to minister to college students and build relationships by loving on kids in the church who have not been surrounded by southern hospitality and family love as I was blessed with growing up; thanks to all of you.

As my contract with my job as a nanny is ending in the next couple of weeks, my life has taken a toll of questions to where God has been leading me. My journey is on the path to stay here in Marin and continue to minister to these students. In accepting and believing by faith that God has everything under control, I have an opportunity to bond with the high school students on a mission trip to Guatemala during the week of June 18-25. I am truly blessed and honored to be a leader and prayer warrior for this trip.

Living day to day in a county that is so lost, the quesiton arises on why do missions else where? Going to a third world country can change a persons view on the day to day living. Make them believe in the impossible is possible and those little daily things that make such a difference in the world. This is my first adventure to a third world country. I am encouraged that so many people are wanting to take part in this adventure and I am excited to see what God does in my life and the people we get to meet.

I just finished reading a book called, Radical, written by David Platt. This whole book is a challenge to take up your cross and live each day for the glory of Christ. This journey is allowing myself and the 42 other people on this trip to take the challenge and to learn to do it on a daily basis.

As I am working fundraisers and selling photo cards I have made, to help fund this trip, I am still in need to reach the remainder of the cost. I am asking that you would prayerfully consider helping this group and myself with a financial donation. The cost per person is roughly $1400. I truly believe that going on a trip like this can change your life, and the lives around you. These students willing hearts and the people we will touch while we are there are priceless adventures that will be with me always.

No comments: